Poor timing for this project, being a very hot and humid day.
I haven’t had much recent luck with bed frames. The one I had for over a decade (built to handle a waterbed), much neglected (the fasteners were slowly loosening); a bracket cracked, and eventually snapped off.
Enter the stand-in. It was gifted to me in my time of need. It wasn’t until I got it home when I realized that it was not going to work “out of the box”. It required a foot board (one I did not have), and it assumed a one-piece box spring (due to my house I require a split box spring). So I made it work, but I cursed the thing since day one, and every time my shin hit that makeshift foot board.
Until tonight. Continue reading “Sweaty Sheets: The Bed Frame Project”