Poor timing for this project, being a very hot and humid day.
I haven’t had much recent luck with bed frames. The one I had for over a decade (built to handle a waterbed), much neglected (the fasteners were slowly loosening); a bracket cracked, and eventually snapped off.
Enter the stand-in. It was gifted to me in my time of need. It wasn’t until I got it home when I realized that it was not going to work “out of the box”. It required a foot board (one I did not have), and it assumed a one-piece box spring (due to my house I require a split box spring). So I made it work, but I cursed the thing since day one, and every time my shin hit that makeshift foot board.
Until tonight. Continue reading “Sweaty Sheets: The Bed Frame Project”
As noted earlier this month, I have a useless room in the basement that used to house an oil tank. I want to turn it into a cold storage room (in spite of having an asphalt driveway right outside). Let’s see how that goes.
When I last left you, I had the wall bricked and framed. Part two involves day three and four.
Continue reading “Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)”
My house is weird.
It is a post-WWII home in a post-WWII neighbourhood (albeit, a quarter of the houses have been replaced since then). My house, built of leftovers from the nearby elementary school, has been expanded at least three times. Once to get a proper basement in, then to add to the back (and presumably add the entry-way), and finally to expand the back full-width (where the laundry room resides now).
Continue reading “Another Brick in the Wall (Part 1)”